We had a great weekend celebrating Easter with friends here in Provo. We really missed being home with our families and watching the kids hunt for Easter Eggs and telling them what Easter is all about but we have great friends we consider family and enjoy being with them. Saturday night we spent the evening dyeing Easter Eggs all sorts of fun colors and designs. Later we had an egg breaking contest where we looked up online ways they say its impossible to break an egg by holding it a certain way in your hand. I being naive, starting filming our friend Chad and when his egg did break, it squirted right at me, ALL over my clothes! Pics to follow. Sunday was a great day too! We decided to stay home and make a nice dinner for some friends. We had a turkey that we got at Thanksgiving from Braden's work and made it with all the traditional sides. We had 6 friends over and had a great time! We are really blessed to have a great group of friends with lots of support. It was great to have a day to reflect on our blessings especially those that come from the Atonement and Resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I forgot to take pics of our wonderful meal but it was yummy!!!
The Easter Basket Braden bought for me (my favorite thing was the bunny ears!)
The Easter Basket I got for Braden (who says we have to be traditional??) Plus these will work great for Trick-or-Treating next Halloween!
This was a party favor we got from our friends Becky and Chase
The eggs we colored Saturday night with friends, it was so much fun!
After the egg breaking contest, Amanda got slimed! I wish I could upload the video but I dont know how!
Monday, March 24, 2008
Easter Weekend
Posted by
Amanda
at
9:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
These pics aren't working out, but it sounds like you guys had a fun Easter with friends. I enjoyed looking through (briefly) your blog to your little guy/gal!
You guys are so cute!! I loved the slimed pic. I am jealous you are half way. Can't wait until I am!!
Your tummy is growing. I can't wait until you if you are having a boy or girl. We will have to hang out and take our babes to the park this summer/fall.
aren't you a good sport with egg slime on you!
you look darling, i can't wait to hear what you're having!
That's so funny! Your post makes me want to be newlywed again! Well...newlywed in Provo (I can't say "again" because I was never married in Provo). It just sounds like so much fun to celebrate with friends. You look great. CAN'T WAIT FOR A PHONE CALL TOMORROW!
Post a Comment